You are here
The information contained in this Web Site is intended for Canadian residents only. If you are not a Canadian resident, please refer to the regulatory and medical practices applicable in the country in which you reside.
1. Use of this Web Site. This Web Site is owned and operated by Servier Canada Inc. ("Servier Canada") for your personal, non-commercial use and information. Your use of this Web Site is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Web Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, please do not use this Web Site. Material on this Web Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified in whole or in part, whether in text, graphical, audio, video or executable form, except with the prior written permission of Servier Canada or if expressly permitted hereunder. You are responsible to ensure that your access to this Web Site and material available on or through it are legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access or view the site or such material.
2. Exclusion of Warranties. Servier Canada makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this Web Site, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. ALL MATERIAL OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SERVIER CANADA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The information and materials on this Web Site are not intended to provide any specific advice, medical or otherwise, for your individual circumstances, and you should consult your own healthcare professional to determine how any information or materials provided on this Web Site apply to your individual circumstances. These exclusions are in addition to any specific exclusions otherwise provided in these terms and conditions. To the extent that the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow exclusion of certain warranties, such exclusions which are not permitted do not apply.
3. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER SERVIER CANADA, NOR ITS LICENSORS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AGENTS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS OR OFFICERS, WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, FOR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE MATERIAL, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY KIND, DELAY OF OR PARTIAL DELIVERY, TERMINATION OF RIGHTS OR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, WHETHER ON A CONTRACTUAL OR EXTRACONTRACTUAL BASIS, OR TO PROVIDE INDEMNIFICATION OR ANY OTHER REMEDY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY. Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using and accessing this Web Site. To the extent that the jurisdiction to which you are subject does not allow any part of such limitation, such part does not apply.
4. Ownership and Confidentiality. Material on this Web Site, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips, is owned or otherwise provided by Servier Canada, and Servier Canada does not represent or warrant that such material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity. You acknowledge that information or material which you provide electronically through your access to or usage of this Web Site is not confidential or proprietary, except as may be required under applicable law, and acknowledge that unprotected e-mail communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss. Trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, "Marks") displayed on this Web Site are registered or unregistered Marks of Servier Canada or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of the owner of such Marks. Any information or material contained on this Web Site which may be reproduced pursuant to these terms must bear the proprietary rights notices which originally appear on or in conjunction with such information or material.
5. Registration as a Healthcare Professional. Portions of this Web Site may be reserved for healthcare professionals and accessible with a password. You agree to safeguard your password and not to disclose or transfer your password to others. Servier Canada reserves the right to cancel any registration if Servier Canada discovers that a password is being used by more than one person or has been given to another person, regardless of whether the other person actually uses it.
6. Monitoring. Servier Canada may monitor access to, discussions and postings on and other activities relating to this Web Site, and intervene in relation thereto but does not make any representation or warranty that it will do so. You consent to any such monitoring and intervention in the event Servier Canada elects to do so.
7. Links. Links and references to other Web sites are provided to you as a convenience only. Servier Canada has not reviewed and does not expressly or impliedly endorse other Web sites or any information or material, or the accessibility thereof, via such links, and does not assume any responsibility for any such other Web sites, information or material posted thereon, or products or services offered thereon. You may not create links from other Web sites to this Web Site.
8. Accuracy of Information. While Servier Canada may update the information or materials on this Web Site from time to time, no assurance is given that information or material on this Web Site is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete. The information or materials on this Web Site may be changed without notice to you.
9. Viruses, etc. Servier Canada does not represent or warrant that the information or materials accessed from or through this Web Site will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
10. Damage to Others. You agree not to introduce into or through this Web Site any information or materials which may be harmful to others. Among other things, you agree not to include, knowingly or otherwise, any error or defect in material or information which may, among other things, be a libel, slander, defamation or obscenity, or promote hatred or otherwise give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity.
11. Reserve of Rights. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Servier Canada. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual right of Servier Canada or any other person or entity.
12. Severability. If any provision hereof is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any competent authority in any jurisdiction, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any manner affect or render illegal, invalid or unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction or any other provision hereof in any jurisdiction.
13. Governing Law. This Web site, its content and the terms of its use are governed by the laws of Quebec and the applicable laws of Canada without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Quebec in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms.
14. Changes to Terms. Servier Canada may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this Web Site from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access this Web Site. You will see that the date of the last update of these terms (the "Effective Date") is listed below. If we update these terms, the Effective Date will be changed to indicate when the last update was made.
© Servier Canada Inc. 2005 - Effective Date: November 1st 2005.