You are here
1. Personal Information. Personal information is that which refers to or permits an individual to be identified. Personal information includes information that can be linked to you, such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address.
2. Collection of Information. Information may be collected in two ways when you use this Web Site. First, when you access the Web Site, non-personal information may automatically be exchanged between your computer and our server. In particular, the following information may be collected at that time: your Internet service provider's domain name, the type of browser and the operating system you are using to access this Web Site, the date and time of access and the pages you visit. We do not obtain your e mail address automatically when you access our site. However, additional information may be collected when you request services offered on this Web site. For example, when you contact us by e-mail or register in a protected portion of the Web Site, you may be asked to provide us with your name, telephone number, street or e-mail address.
3. Use of Personal Information. If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may use it to respond to your enquiries, send you publications and news in areas of potential interest to you, improve communications with you or, more generally, improve content on this Web Site.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information. Your personal information will not be given to any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent. Under no circumstances does Servier Canada sell your personal information to third parties.
5. Risks related to the Internet. Although every effort is taken to ensure no one else will see or obtain your personal information, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. Any unencrypted e-mail communication over the Internet is, as with communications via any other medium, such as cellular phones, not secured or confidential, and is subject to possible interception, loss and/or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Servier Canada, its affiliated companies, and agents or their respective employees, directors or officers, will not be liable in any manner whatsoever, to you or any third parties, for any damage as a result of information transmitted by e mail to Servier Canada. You assume all risks related to such communications.
7. Links to Other Sites. There are places throughout the Web Site that may link you to other Web sites that do not operate under Servier Canada's information privacy practices. When you click through to these Web sites, Servier Canada's information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third-party Web sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information. The links provided on this Web Site are provided for your convenience only. Servier Canada in no way controls, endorses or guarantees the sites linked to this Web Site and cannot be held responsible for their content or practices, particularly with respect to the protection of personal information and privacy.
8. Control and access to your information. Your personal information will be maintained by Servier Canada at the office located at the address indicated below. You may consult all your personal information, at this location, during regular business hours, by submitting a written request to Servier Canada Inc., 235, boul. Armand-Frappier, Laval, Quebec, H7V 4A7. You may also request, where appropriate, the rectification of any personal information. A response will be given to you within thirty (30) days of your request. If, for any reason, the request for access or rectification of your personal information is refused, the grounds for such refusal will be communicated to you in writing. If a photocopy of your personal information is requested, reasonable charges, which will be communicated to you beforehand, may be imposed.
© Servier Canada Inc. 2005 - Effective Date: June 9th 2005.